As an outcome of the “Women in Science, Innovation & Technology” conference held in Budapest on 6-8 March 2011, a Gender Action Plan, linked to the Digital Agenda for Europe, was drawn up which sets out eight focus areas for women in STEM in Europe. To discuss this plan and propose a roadmap to implement it, a workshop on “Women for Smart Growth” will be carried out at the first-ever Digital Agenda Assembly, in Brussels, on 16-17 June 2011.
The EU Women “Women Role Models in the Digital Age” blog was started as part of a virtual working group to address the GAP focus area of “Creating positive images through role models, awareness campaigns, TV programmes, video games & the World Expo 2015 in Milan,” for which we are still collecting feedback via a very short survey which we welcome you to fill out!
In the meantime, our mission has broadened to include all the eight topic areas of the Gender Action Plan, as noted below, and about which you can get more background here.
- Flexible academic structures and pathways for new gender relations and scientific careers
- Integration of gender in research and innovation
- Targets for Member States for female entrepreneurship
- Careers in industry: mentorship, internship, recruitment, transparency
- Creative positive images through role models, awareness campaigns, TV programmes, videogames World Expo 2015 – Milan
- Global collaboration project(s)
- European multi-stakeholder based GAP partnership and platform
- European-level benchmarking and monitoring
If you would like to contribute to the discussion heading up to the “Women for Smart Growth” workshop at the Digital Agenda Assembly, please feel free to subscribe to this blog, and join our other social networks:
Twitter @euwomen Hashtag: #daa11women
For questions and inquiries on this initiative, please contact us, and thank you for letting your voice be heard!